Low ballers suck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MacLawnCo, Sep 29, 2002.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

My neighbor knew that i love hereing what other "LCOs" charge, so when he saw me this weekend, he let me know that he got an aerating quote for his 15-17K lawn for $25. :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: I about died laughting when he told me that. It amazes me that some idiots are willing to leave that much money on the table. Oh well, at least im not. :) :waving:

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't sound like a very cool neighbor if he's gloating to you about a low price he got from somebody else that does the same work you do. Or did I misread this? :confused:
  3. MacLawnCo

You miss read. I usually sub all my "extra" work out to larger firms. I am going to take on the extras for next year and am trying to get a feal for what the going prices are. That is why the neighbor let me know. By the way, he did not go with that guy. He knew that something was up.
  4. You might just want to consider finding out where that idiot lives. Could just be he lives in a nicer house than you do.
  5. MacLawnCo

where are you going with that. I dont follow. Explain some more please.
  6. I will explain. Just because someone does not charge as much as the next person does not mean is a low baller. Did you ever consider that maybe he has more knowledge than the person who is charging more? I see it all the time. It is not how much you make but what you do with the money that you do make.
  7. MacLawnCo

Do you do any aeration?? Do you realize that he is charging less to aerate it than i would get to mow it? The lawn should be arround $80-100. The dude that offered the price is a ****ing idiot.
  8. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

chopique strikes again:rolleyes:
  9. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Could it be that the lowballer is a jerk with a lawn tractor and a wonderful home depot type tow behind spike aerator? I would do a lawn that size with that rig, but about $150 w/o seeding with a walk behind (or more like pull you around) core aerator.
  10. jocko1104

jocko1104 LawnSite Member

Wasn't chopique banned at one time for saying stupid ***** stuff like that?