Low Ballers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bkowalski, Nov 17, 2004.

1. bkowalski

bkowalski LawnSite Member

Whats the best way to deal with low ballers?? Or can you? I just heard of a guy going through my neighborhood with door hangers any size lawn for $39 per month.

2. Tobruk79

Tobruk79 LawnSite Member
    from Fl

Let him go out of business.

3. bkowalski

bkowalski LawnSite Member

Where in Florida are you?

4. Tobruk79

Tobruk79 LawnSite Member
    from Fl

Near Daytona Beach. On Second thought, Id hire him for my mother inlaws 1 acre corner lot surrounded with chainlink because I sure hate cutting that mess )

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

exactly!!!

6. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

There's 2 types of lowballers, IMO. First off, there's the sneaky guy who undercuts everyone by a few bucks. He can do a little damage to your business. Then there's the guy you're describing, someone who is so exceedingly ignorant, stupid, moronic and just plain lacking in brain waves, that all you can do is shake your head at his prices.

He will be out of business pretty soon. Or sub-him out to do your lawns, make money off his stupidity...LOL

7. clemsonfan69

clemsonfan69 LawnSite Member
    from Florida

LOL I was just thinking the same thing. Good idea.

-CJ

8. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Let him take over one of your biggest accounts, as far as size. There is no way he will make profit off it, then he will go out of business and you can have your account back.

9. wayne volz

wayne volz LawnSite Member

Hopefully he meant $39.00 per mow. That would be more like it. If not, there is no cure for that kind of stupidity.

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Call him to cut your lawn. Pay him $39 a month. That way you can take the time that you would normally spend cutting your own each week, and add a customer at $40 per week

You pay $39 per month

You make $160 per month

Profit=$121......not bad......LOL