low balling little kid!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 94chevytruck, May 11, 2004.

1. 94chevytruck

94chevytruck LawnSite Member

I get home today and I hear that this 7th grade kid in the nieghborhood put out a flyer stating the equipment he uses and that for mowing trimming and blowing is $15....The cheapest yard I do in here is $25. I can't believe this. I don't think I am going to lose any business but we will see. This just really irritates me, the other thing is he is going to be in the 7th grade. Thats a little young isn't it?!
  2. GRT

GRT LawnSite Member

Why can't a little kid have a lawnmowing business? What's wrong with that? I seriously doubt he's giving you any real competition.
  3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

If you are worried about a 7th grader, your business is in trouble.
  4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

no he's worried about the cheap a$$ homeowners that would rather pay nothing and get s#@$ work then pay fair money and get a good job. I wouldn't worry though, if your customers are pretty good they'll know not to go with it because of the quality.
  5. GRT

GRT LawnSite Member

I started when I was 13. I did an awesome job then, and I worked for neighbors that trusted me and I gave them excellent service. I saved my revenues over the years and it helped me through college. The customers aren't cheap just because they let kids do their yards.
  6. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

You should re-blanket the neighborhood with your flyer that says:
    WE FIX $15.00 CUTS.
  7. kc2006

:D i agree
  8. win1free

win1free LawnSite Member

9. kc2006

Yea it might have come out as i was mad or felt someone owed me soemthing but i dont think that way. Sorry.

I just ment there are some cheap people out there that dont care and just want stuff for as cheap as possible and dont look at the possible things that can happen (ie bad work). I dont think all people are dip s#@$s just the ones that are. Face it theres alot of stupid people out there, i was just pointing that out.
  10. maple city

maple city LawnSite Senior Member

If your cutomers leave you for this kid, you need to remind them that he is not insured and if he injures himelf or someone else, they could be sued. Also, he won't have insurance in case of property damage.

As a property owner, I would never let a 13 year old kid use power equipment on my property.