Low Cost Residential/City Setup

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowHouston, Jul 24, 2008.

1. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally I've got this sucker almost done. All I need now is a 32 or a 36 to replace a 22 and get another trimmer and I'll be pretty set. Other than that, I really need to wash out my truck bed. :laugh:

I havent decided what WB to go with yet. Quick was on my mind but I think I'll demo some stuff before I make that decision.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got a video of it all uploading to Sean now for when he gets the video section going (if he hasnt already). For those that want to know how it was secured to the bed, its simple but the video shows it close up.

2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

You can supposedly fit 2 quick 36's in the back of a standard box :). what do you use as a ramp? I think that would be really nice for small lots.

3. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup,keeping it simple with properly priced small lots can make you some nice money with minimal headaches.

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

What part of Houston are you in?

5. MowHouston

I had heard that too and that was the reason I was leaning towards quicks. I dont mow anything over 16,000 square feet. And even so, my largest current lot is 13,000 square feet.

As far as the ramp goes, I wont need that until I get a bigger mower. Right now I just lift the suckers out of the back of the truck. I'll probably go with the tailgater ramp though.

6. MowHouston

I live in Galveston, but serve Houston (Inner Loop and Northwest area) you can see my service area on my website www.mowhouston.com.

Anyone in the Houston area that wants to network, feel free to PM me or give me a call. I often times get stuff that is out of my area and can have stuff to pass on. Just got one today out of Richmond, no way :D

If you have a website, I will link to you so that customers out of my service area can find you.

7. Dunlaps LawnCare

Dunlaps LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

verry nice

8. Phil G

Phil G LawnSite Senior Member

Nice set-up, simple and efficient. atb Phil :)

9. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Get some commercial mowers. Those resi 21"s are god awful slow.

10. MowHouston

Read the post. Its on my list of things to do. :)