Low Down..

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mrk'sLawn, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Mrk'sLawn

Mrk'sLawn LawnSite Member

My 11 year old daughter, who has the next few days off for Easter Break, decided she wanted to come help me pass out flyers this morning. We managed to get about 300 or so out and she was proud of herself. I was proud of her too. We had a good time walking and talking about things going on in her life. Her mother and I are divorced so it was a good chance to bond a little.. Long story short.. She wanted to take a ride back through the area and see if anyone had taken in the flyers... Almost all of the flyers we passed out were gone and in their place was Door Hangers from another company... I never would have expected that.. I had to explain to her that some people are just that way.. Oh well.. we'll be back out tomorrow..
  2. Blade-o-grass

Blade-o-grass LawnSite Member

I totally agree on the Low Down....That is not something I would even think of doing. It was cool that your daughter was willing to go out and help you like that...so let her know when "her" flyer has actually gotten you a lawn to mow because it's a great feeling....as for the other "A" holes, just shake it off....IT AINT NOTHIN BUT A THANG!
  3. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, that's low. I Don't ever do that. But i do sneak 1 somewhere, just to see what the other guy is offering.
  4. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

That's just sad.
  5. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

Have you thought about contacting the other company? Just to bring it to their attention. If it's a big company with many employees, they (the owner) may not know this is going on. But either way, that is a real crappy thing to do. I would send them a bill for the hangers that they stole and destroyed.