Low Lift Blades for Ultra-Vac

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by johnnyjay, Nov 23, 2001.

1. johnnyjay

johnnyjay LawnSite Member

What is the part number for the Exmark Lo Lift Blades for 52" Lazer HP. I have just purchased the Ultra Vac. I read on the Lawnsite forum that the Lo Lift Blades have less blow out and sucks up all the leaves.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

johnnyjay,

The low lift blade is a 1-633485. This blade will reduce the amount of blowout from the deck.

I have one other suggestion for you. Buy a 1-611277, this is a Blowout Reduction Baffle Kit. The kit runs about $35.00 to $40.00. I have done some testing with this baffle on a 52" LHP with the Ultra-Vac and it worked awesome! I used the standard blade.

This baffle was made a few years ago for drier thin grass where the blowout would cover a guy. We only made this baffle for 60" and 52" decks. This fall I was playing around with bagging. I tried a bunch of different type of blades. The baffle worked best for me. It reduced about 95% of the blowout and still let me use a high lift blade.

The baffle only takes 5 minutes to put on. I think you will be very happy with the performance in bagging leaves!!

Thanks, Fred.

3. will this blowout baffle also fit the 48 lazer and can my dealer get it for me?

THANKS fred

4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Fred,

Buy a 1-611277, this is a Blowout Reduction Baffle Kit. Just what is this? Is it in the Lazer parts blowup? I have a 60" LC Lazer and for $40 I'd like to try it. But would like to see what it involves first.

Thanks

5. eXmark

TLS, odin00

TLS the part number for the 60” is a 1-641260. As I said earlier we made this baffle because some customers had issues in certain mowing conditions. I remembered that we had this baffle tucked away in the attic.

What I was trying to do is make the bagger work better than it does already. I had noticed that if I weren’t going fast enough or when I turned the deck would have some blowout. The other thing that I seen was that in heavy leaves I had to raise the deck or I would plow them. I tried bagging in the highest setting and seen the blowout, although it didn’t do to bad. I tried all types of blades everything we have and Gators. The baffle worked the best for me.

The baffle bolts on the out side of the Flow Control Baffle. What it does is lower the baffle 0.5” from the left side of the deck to the center. I don’t know what the baffle will do in all conditions but for bagging leaves it worked great.

Odin00 sorry we only made it for a 52” and 60”, not that we can’t we just never had a demand for one. You guys looking for these I doubt that your dealer will have this in stock or know what it is. He can order it for you.

Thanks, Fred.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Fred, would the baffle work with the mulching kit on also? With the mulching kit sometimes the leaves get to blowing out in the same way they do with the ultravac.
    Eric

7. eXmark

65hoss,

I was thinking the same thing. I was going to try it but weather change really fast around here. What size unit do you mulch with, we only have that baffle in a 60"and 52"?

Email me your number I would like to run a few ideas by you off of the forum. Fred.Fugett@exmark.com

Thanks, Fred.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Fred, did you get my email? Haven't heard from you so I was just wondering.

9. eXmark

65hoss,

I left you a voice message. I got your email and I've been trying to get things together here on my end. It's that time of the year for us.
    :alien: :alien:

Fred.

10. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Folks- Just found this old thread and was wanting to let you know that I will be trying the mulch kit with the baffle come next week. They are ordered now, just have to wait for them to come in, and a free few hours to install them. I will keep you all updated on how it works.