1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

low out put liquid app

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jds912, Apr 18, 2013.

1. jds912

jds912 LawnSite Member

I have been using a granular program the last couple of years. I have put out granular fungicide, insecticide, and fertilizer. I use hand cans and a back pack sprayer for spot weed control. I want to be able to apply liquids, especially insecticide and fungicide. I recently acquired a earthway s25 sparyer. i aim to put down 1 gallon per 1000 sq. ft. At this rate of carrier, would any of the fung. and insect. apps. affect pest? I have a hard time getting granular Merit, except for the bayer advanced brand at big box stores. i used arena granular last year with bifenthin gran. No bugs, but would like to get liquid so I can mix certain things. I apply in warm season turf, mostly st. agustine, zoysia, and centipede. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  2. jds912

jds912 LawnSite Member

Must be a really good question?
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I am not familiar with the S25 Earthway sprayer.
    One gal per thousand should work fine for most fungicides and insecticides.
  4. jds912

jds912 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I am going to experiment with this machine. I will probably mix required a.i in 2 gallons of carrier per 1000 sq. ft. I will apply using the crisss cross method. I was hoping to put out an imidicloprid and bifen mix app in a few weeks. I am going to need a good amount of carrier to move the ai. into the root zone. All my customers yards are cut 3 inches or higher.