Low Pressure in Zone

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by baddarryl, Aug 8, 2008.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl LawnSite Member

1 zone with low pressure. With the solenoid opening it it has low flow and pressure. If I turn it on by hand it sprays at full pressure. Going over there with a volt meter and new solenoid Monday as I suspect that is the culprit. Any other ideas? Valve is a 1" Richdel 205 S. Are these good valves? They look to be. Thank you. Sorry it has been so long, somehow forgot about this superior forum.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Replace the valve diaphragm.

3. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

You mean actually REPAIR something? Someone might call you a TECHNICIAN then. Can't have any professionalism in this industry.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Okay, check the blinker fluid first. Then replace the diaphragm assembly. :)

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto. Very common with that valve

6. baddarryl

Yup, it was the diaphragm, but I learned something today. The replacement diaphragm looked different than the existing even though the valve was the same model and look. I called my supplier and told him about the difference and he said it would work. Wrong. Many of you may know this, but both the solenoid and diaphragm are different. I don't know how many years ago they changed it, but from now on if I come across one of those older styles I will just replace the whole valve. Pain sometimes, but I don't see a way around it. Learned that one the hard way. Fortunately it was alone in the field so no rebuilding a manifold involved. Thank God. Thanks guys.

7. You didn't have a 205 or whatever. We repair 205s all day here. Never a problem. Great valve.

8. baddarryl

Yes it was actually, but the actual body of the valve was shaped different on the inside than the new one as well as the diaphragms were different.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

:::falls over:::

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome to the head scratching world.