1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Low Pressure system build help

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by PatiosInstalled, Mar 19, 2011.

1. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I am looking for a little direction on building a low pressure washing system. I am looking for a setup to wash cars and I know a few guys are running 40-60 psi but I am considering up to 500psi. I am not looking to run in 2000psi range.

What is the best way to achieve this?

If I want 500 psi should I run a 2000+ psi washer and just adjust the nozzle?

How would you run a 40-100 psi system? Use a pump or pressurize a tank with water in it?

What would you recommend for general vehicle washing while trying to stay conservative on water usage?

Do you have a schematic of a set up or a link to look at one or to order parts?

Thanks in advance,
  2. Pressure Washing Cleve

Pressure Washing Cleve LawnSite Member

If you're only want up to 100 psi I would go with a 12 volt pump.
  3. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

Are you trying to wash cars as a business? If so look into a DI water system.

For the most part, higher volume of water means a better/faster cleaning, why do you ask about conserving water?

Adjust pressure with different tips
  4. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

Finally some responses. Thanks guys!

I have thought about a 12 volt system, my only concern is longevity of the pump and the draw on the battery, i guess you can buy an industrial pump that would be good for several thousand gallons?

I understand that higher volume cleans faster, but i don't want to plaster the cars next to it either. we are looking to create a mobile wash set up so conserving water is important as we only have what we can carry.

i will check out this DI system you mentioned.

Keep the help coming!