1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Low Pressure system build help

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by PatiosInstalled, Mar 19, 2011.

1. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I am looking for a little direction on building a low pressure washing system. I am looking for a setup to wash cars and I know a few guys are running 40-60 psi but I am considering up to 500psi. I am not looking to run in 2000psi range.

What is the best way to achieve this?

If I want 500 psi should I run a 2000+ psi washer and just adjust the nozzle?

How would you run a 40-100 psi system? Use a pump or pressurize a tank with water in it?

What would you recommend for general vehicle washing while trying to stay conservative on water usage?

Do you have a schematic of a set up or a link to look at one or to order parts?

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

2. Pressure Washing Cleve

Pressure Washing Cleve LawnSite Member

If you're only want up to 100 psi I would go with a 12 volt pump.

3. JCinNJ

JCinNJ LawnSite Member

Are you trying to wash cars as a business? If so look into a DI water system.

For the most part, higher volume of water means a better/faster cleaning, why do you ask about conserving water?

Adjust pressure with different tips

4. PatiosInstalled

PatiosInstalled LawnSite Member

Finally some responses. Thanks guys!

I have thought about a 12 volt system, my only concern is longevity of the pump and the draw on the battery, i guess you can buy an industrial pump that would be good for several thousand gallons?

I understand that higher volume cleans faster, but i don't want to plaster the cars next to it either. we are looking to create a mobile wash set up so conserving water is important as we only have what we can carry.

i will check out this DI system you mentioned.

Keep the help coming!