Low priced customers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NNJLandman, Aug 30, 2006.

1. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

So I have several customers (3) which I find to be low priced (yea I gave a low estimate got the job and at the time it seemed fine but now with overhead etc its hurtin) for the cutting im doing. Should I bother trying to get more money from them now by raising their prices or shoulda I just wait. The mowing season will be over in about a month/month and a half.

My thoughts are to stick it out make my money up doing other work on their properties and next season just give them my new price and hopefully they will have seen my work is great and will continue their patronage with my company. Just looking for yalls thoughts.

Jeff

2. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Wait. If you do it now, they will dump you.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Do top work and raise next season 90% of the time just add it on there invioce.

4. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

The best time to increase a low priced job is straight away, you can say to them i am very sorry but i under estimated the price of the job and go though the reasons, if they say no, then if you still want them you say o.k then i will keep doing it for this price but i will need to review the price in 3 months(or whatever,next season etc).........the problem with waiting so long is they may not accept it and at least you know where you stand straight away.

Possibly the hardest part of this work is price increases 1000s of LCOs walk away from jobs instead of increasing the price on the under priced cuts, i have had several where they have told me that the last contractor has walked away, i say what was he charging "$20" well theres your problem i tell them this is a $30 cut , most times i have got the job, and the other guy would have to if he asked for more money:)

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Low priced customers. Finally a subject I'm an expert at. Here's one of them now.

chain-fence-bed.jpg