Low RPM's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by okie2, Sep 24, 2007.

1. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

I used my used JD 757 for the second time today and the RPMs were low for some reason. It wouldnt start at first. I put more gas in it. It would start then die. Did that for a while. Then, I got it running and up a tiny hill and 180 degree turns it sounded like it was boggin down. It had a smell to it when that would happen. Can someone please help?

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

uhm, check the oil level, also make sure you're keeping track of the hours, I believe 8 hours is the oil change interval for first time break-in period. Maybe hydraulic fluid levels, not a whole lot else to check on such a new machine, so if that's not it I would take it back to the dealer, it's under warranty.

3. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Um get it back to the dealer as soon as their doors open tomorrow. I would even ask for a new amchine but chances are they wont bite.

4. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

Sorry guys its a used mower. Has plenty of oil I think. Checked it twice

5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Could be a number of things, I would look first at the quality of gas, there could be some water there. It can be a fuel filter stopped up or a little trash in the carburetor. I could go on but if you are getting clean fuel through the the carb and good fire she has to crank and run.

6. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

fuel filter went on mine after 12hrs.did the same thing.i drained all gas and run it in a filter then put it back in the tank and put new fuel filter on and its been good.

7. Budget

Budget LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Make sure your fuel pick up is not sucking air, or the fuel pump is pumping fuel when the tank is low.

8. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

I believe its the same engine as the predecesor the M655 25 Kawi. Check to see if it is getting spark to both cylinders. Quik-check:
    Disconnect one spark plug wire, and start it up. If it starts then connected plug and ignitor are ok. re-connect.Repeat disconnect with OTHER spark plug wire, if no start CONNECTED spark plug/wire/ignitor is bad.Also fuel filter is a good idea as well as air filter

9. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

I was noticing the fuel filter wasnt running any fuel through it

10. okie2

okie2 LawnSite Member

ok I changed out the filter. Didnt help. It took me an hour to get it started. It finally did and I used it for about an hour. It 'bogged down' on 180 turns, and when I would accelerate. If I have water in my carb where is the bolt to release it? I think thats what it may be.