Low Voltage Transformer Trouble

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jimmy1111, Jan 19, 2009.

1. jimmy1111

jimmy1111 LawnSite Member

I think I should have drawn this darn Loop to make it easier for everyone too what I'm referring to...my fault...ended up with lolipops and daisy chains...geeshh..what else is left!!!LOL

2. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Jimmy, I don't hate you. And no, those connectors are not bad. I've got thousands of them I'll sell to you really, really cheap if you want more.

3. jimmy1111

Now that you want to sell me these connectors we are friends HUH !!!..Just kidding.....At least you didn't call me "some fish" like Mark did without even understanding what is a Loop Installation....

4. MarkOlex

MarkOlex LawnSite Member
    from VA

I know what a loop is and as Sam said there is a guy in PA who swears by it. I guess if you are building a WAN for the government there would be a reason to have redundancy but this is lighting not NORAD. I never called you a fish I said it would be easier to teach a fish to breathe. So please accept my deepest apology for the misunderstanding. A "fish" is the guy who sits at the poker table with me and I take all his money. So if you play poker you could be a "fish". :)See you in Atlantic City Saturday.:)

5. SamIV

SamIV LawnSite Senior Member

lowvolt.org and do a search - Loop wiring. And yes most of us if not all here are not big fans of pierce points, but to each his own.

Burt

6. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

The Lollipop it is! I will leave the lollipops to the candy store and kids!! I work with more effecient means of wiring methods! But you know the old saying....what ever floats yer boat!! ;)

7. jimmy1111

Thanks Burt that's an interesting site..is Mike that "Professor" ?? He seem to have a lot of technical data under his belt.

Did you test a VD on a Loop Run in the past and got these crazy low VD's or it's only me who is blessed ???

8. jimmy1111

LOL...you still call my Loop Runs lolipops !!! eventhough they are looping back to the Trans not the first Fixture...

Think VD is the BASE!!...the lesser VD you get the better your runs are configured .... especially when each leg of the Loop is used to light up about half of your fixtures...and not just thrown there to be there.

9. tonyGub

tonyGub LawnSite Member

Blah blah blah blah blahBS. Are you really mike from lowvolt.org putting a shameless plug on this website; to draw attention to your website? Just wondering.

10. jimmy1111

LOL...and why do I do that....to sell more Loops ??...I just read one forum for Mike there...and he seems to have lot of technical information that some flew over my head about his stranded versus solid wires idea.