Low volume 4" pop-ups?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by A23, May 16, 2013.

1. A23

A23 LawnSite Member

I'm getting ready to tear-up and re-install an irrigation system in a small city park. The pump pressure is not the greatest on earth, and I was considering installing some 360 adj. 4" low volume pop-up sprinklers in some of the smaller areas with St.Augustine grass. Something along the lines of the Hunter MP rotators. I'm looking for something with a 10-12' radius.

I have not messed with these very much in the past, so do you all have any brand/model recommendations ?

2. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Hunter MP 1000 with a PRS40 head....

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

4. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

No we haven't. I stick with the Hunter MPs for rotary nozzles. But the fixed Precisions have worked like a charm for me.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

You wouldn't employ a pressure regulating spray body where a low-pressure pump is the supply.

7. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Has anyone checked the pump for worn impellers or possible issues with the supply/intake side?

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

boom. check the blades, check the foot valve and check the threads.

9. A23

A23 LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone for the input. Have not torn the pump apart yet, but will do so here before too long. I'll take a closer look at the MP's as well.

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

People may think i waste a lot of time testing but i would have all my ducks in a row before pulling the trigger on buying one part.

Volume, pressure, recharge, line voltage and distances are a must for pump supported systems.
    Posted via Mobile Device