Low volume products

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FERT-TEK, Jul 1, 2004.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys, I had an idea that may help all of us Perma-green owners (especially me). I am a new owner, of a PG ultra and I am currently searching for products that are designed to be used in low volume sprayers. So............ I wondered if you guys could suggest liquid products that you have used successfully in a PG, weed control, fertilizers, fungicides, PGR's etc. If possible only suggest products that are labeled for use with low volume sprayers and have dilution rates that are still on label. This could serve as a cheat sheet for all of us. There are so many products out there it has been overwhelming, but educational, researching it. I have done searches by the way. Hopefully everyone can get something out of this thread.

I am not being lazy, just trying to be efficient.

Thanks, from FLC Dave

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Most any broadleaf weed product is designed and labeled for low volume applications. Fert. and fungicides are not for the most part.

3. FERT-TEK

Specialty, thanks! See I have already learned somthing. Come to think of it most of the low volume discussion has been around plant growth regulators lately. Well, lets see what comes of this thread, maybe no one will participate. Thanks for your reply though.

4. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Nope, you forgot FLC Dave that I'm also trying some Chelated - Iron product from Lesco, 12-0-0. Trying to see if you can spray iron out of the PG. Tomorrow I will be looking over results from stuff I sprayed on Monday.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

As for Momentum, a broadleaf herbicide, personally I've gotten great results with 1 oz / 1000 and some spreader-sticker, whereas MrBareFoot did not get good results.

6. I have been using SpeedZone as my primary weed control product this year. It is labeled for the low volume rates, and the control is satisfactory.

We are considering mixing in some Ferromec with our spray, even though the label states that the minimum spray volume must be .5gal/1kft^2. Results will be posted when they become available.

And LwnmwrMan22 is correct when he says that I was not satisfied with the control I was getting with Momentum.

7. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

What is the rate you are using with speedzone in the PG.

8. I am using 1.3 oz/1kft^2.

9. FERT-TEK

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! Glad to see that you guys are participating. Well it is off to the Cubs White Sox game today. We are three rows back from the first base line dug out.

10. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Dave, Here are the products and rates Ive had great results with, I talking my ultra here

Acclaim at 2.5oz per gallon
    confront at 2.5oz per gallon
    Bent select ( lesco product ) at 3.5 oz per gallon
    Dimension EC at 3.5 oz per gallon ( 2nd app )