1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Low Volume ZTR Sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmc456, Oct 9, 2003.

1. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

Who uses a low volume sparyer with a boom on their ZTR? I talked with my lesco rep today and he said most products are designed for a high volume sprayer. OK

I'm looking to do only lawn aps and would like to get a low volume (25 gal) sprayer like many have built here on lawnsite.

What all can you do with one of these setups? What are the limitations. Can you build mechanical agitation into one of these setups. Do you really need it?

I know there are lots of posts on this subject but none talk about the pros and cons of the two types of sprayers. At least no posts that I have seen.

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

LGF uses one, But of cource someone got a wild hair and banned him. To bad because he had alot to offer to this site.

3. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought he was only suspended?
  4. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I use the Z spray unit which has a 20 gallon tank used for low volume aps. I use it to spray broadleaf and have had good results. Just make sure you are calibrated correctly. That may be tough without a speedometer on your mower. The limitations are for products which need a high volume of water to be effective.

I spray super trimec with nufilm sticker and have had good control at low volume. My 20 gallon tank will spray 78,000 square feet. Not bad.
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

That's what it says on all his posts "suspended". How long is he suspended for anyway??? Anybody know???
  6. CSRA Landscaping

Turf solutions, where did you get your unit and about how much was it?
  7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

CSRA Landscaping

I saw a 25 gallon boom sprayer at Tractor Supply for $359.00. It was made for a ATV but could fit a ZTR. It had spring loaded folding booms. I don't think you could make anything better for that price or even more money. Be sure to add a speedometer for proper rate.
  8. CSRA Landscaping

Thanks Ric! I guess I could get a speedo at the parts store, eh?
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bicycle shop

Doesn't have to be true speed reading. You just have to keep the same constant speed.
  10. CSRA Landscaping

Gotcha, thanks.