lowballers littering my accts with flyers...??gotta vent!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RLSLandscaping, Apr 7, 2006.

1. RLSLandscaping

RLSLandscaping LawnSite Member

ok umm central massachusetts 2006..we have this group of a "certain minority" group which I happen to be also but anyways they drive around in their pick-ups boarded up shaky as crap with a crap trailer four 21' crap mowers etc...and throw cheap crap flyers in plastic bags with a rock on my customers driveway..mowing 25$ a month total...by the time clean-ups are done the street has no leaves just about 50 flyers littered around from 3 different companies from the same little group, granted they are the best deal in town for a spring-cleanup or Fall..I get a lot of accounts to save people freaking lawns cause those guys sharpen blades once every 2 years.so anyways my ideas are...(A) collect about a million of these flyers/cleaning up litter is good for my town, But then taking about 500 of them and throwing them on the police chiefs driveway and watch him rip those guys a part lol (B) just got talk to the chiefyou guys would lol so bad they really are everywhere I imagine people have complained...lata guys...nothing like mulching in the rain....still smells good though :)

2. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

I feel for you everybody and the brother are stuffing flyers. hard to reach a customer that way, perhaps try new avenues of marketing to redirect thier attention. And its only gonna get worse. also, try branching out to offer more services and stress the areas of your expertise or learn new ones , overseeding, rennovating , dethatching, hardscapes , softscapes, pond building, water landscapes, lighting, etc

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh well what you do is pick up and keep several of those lowball flyers with you then when you run into a customer who doesn't want to pay you a lot of money (translation: the most they are willing to pay is less than the least you'll do it for), then you refer them to those guys, and everybody wins :)

I used to do this all the time, as a bonus I still find this highly amusing for some reason.

4. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what you mean. I got a hand written flyer that had been copied in my mailbox the other day. $7 an hour. How can I compete with that? I have seen this guy's (kid's) add everywhere for $7 an hour!:dizzy:

5. REENO

REENO LawnSite Member

YUP, I WOULD GO WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS, BUT TELLING THE POLICE(4 SOMETHING LIKE THIS) I WOULDNT DO IT!:walking: