Lowballers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bohiaa, Apr 3, 2007.

1. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

2. Darrin A.

Darrin A. LawnSite Member

Take him up on it, let him do your lawns with his equipment and gas, charge your price and pay him his. You should be back to work in no time.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Pricing is for most yards.

I can hear it now: Oh gee, this is such an unusual lot you have...
    Either way he won't get far, craigslist is a bargain shopper's paradise (translation: lots of shrewd minds).

4. cl&l c.c. Tx

cl&l c.c. Tx LawnSite Member

good idea.

5. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

If you think everyone in your market area reads Craigslist, you are mistaken. Maybe you need to advertise in a way that works for you.

Different advertising targets different customers. The flyer, mailer, etc. that you mail to seniors, you wouldn't send to 40 year old professionals. If you think that there is one "general" piece of advertising that everyone will just make your phone ring off the hook, send it to me, cause I'm still trying to find it.

6. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

I just checked it, the listing was removed. It did not take him long to realize it was a mistake..

7. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

i jsut checked it... and i see the advertise ment heres what it says

Mow, edge, trim once a month for $ 20 with the remaing weeks at $ 12 a week. Bi-weekly service also available for $ 25 per service with one time a month full service. Pricing is for most yards. E-mail if interested.

LOL.... good job spelling remaing....