1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lowballing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by A to Z lawn care, Mar 26, 2008.

1. A to Z lawn care

A to Z lawn care LawnSite Member

ok, now this is really bothering me i do 15 jobs a week and make $350 which is 23$ a house now u tell me im 13 years old and trying to save for a car do you think im lowballing? apparently some people do so i want more oppinions,
    thanks,

2. anderson2016

anderson2016 LawnSite Member

If it is a good price for you, then don't sweat it. This site seems to have a lot of people who like to take shots at people. I won't speculate at the reasons. I made one post and I got someone making rude comments to me too.

Just think about the money you are making while you are out cutting your lawns and how "those" people are sitting in front of their computers yelling at you for "lowballing". I'd rather have $23 in my pocket for work than $0 in my pocket for griping online.

Keep up the good work.

3. mowerhands

mowerhands LawnSite Member

If your lawns are real close together it might be ok. 23 x 15 is actually $345. Don't sell yourself short.

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I can beat your price by 10%. let me know who I can steal from you.

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Look- this is the reality of the situation. Let's see.... at 13 you probably have no insurance costs, no tax costs, no SALARY costs, no payroll, no worker's comp, little to no real fuel costs, no business license costs, no applicator's costs, little or no office costs.... you get the drift. It's not about "being yelled at" for lowballing.

6. A to Z lawn care

ya i understand im just trying to get my buisness off of the ground before i start charging more i have all the equipment i need right now. just got a new mower for the upcoming season whent out and did some advertising got about 7 more jobs for the spring... i think thats all im going to be able to fit into my schedule with school ill do 4 lawns a day maby less i have no idea ill figure it out haha and thanks alot guys

7. A to Z lawn care

no uranus you cannot beat my price i can guarentee it and if you do then all your doing is loosing money.....

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Dont worry about some idiot yelling because you mow a few yards. Sure you dont have the expences we adults will have, or the responsabilities. But you know, the guy complaining will probably go home at night and complain about how lazy kids are nowadays. Not many 13 year olds would even try to do what you are doing, dont waste another minute worrying about it.

9. A to Z lawn care

thanks alot man

10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Do what you feel is right and if it pisses other people off then thats there problem.