lowering overhead..

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by fga, Dec 14, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

in my never ending quest of lowering overhead.. i got my truck insurance rates for this year. $134 a month for 9 months!!! awesome. my first year, i was way above $300, for 10 months. With the sale of my other truck, and the trailer i'm looking for, which is ofcourse a small registration fee.. my vehicle costs should be almost non-existant (not including repairs, and unseen circumstances). I had a dump and a pick up, kept my equipment in the (dump truck)... 2 insurances. now i will have the new pick up and a trailer.
    what are you guys paying for your truck rates? am i just in the normal range, and payed alot in the past? or is this sounding as good to you as it does me? :) payup

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i pay $100 a month for insurance on my 2000 gmc sierra

3. TSpeciaLized

TSpeciaLized LawnSite Member

I too only pay 100.00

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 99, 93, and a 92 total is $168 per month

5. WigginsLandscaping

WigginsLandscaping LawnSite Member

Is that for commercial vehicle insurance with 1million liability on the vehicle?
    100/month sounds cheap. I think we are paying around 130 for just our 01 ford f350 diesel.?

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

$550/month for 4 trucks. Adam, what company did you go through?

7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

wow, guess i just feel lucky to be in the normal range. i have had some rediculous rates in the past which i've had to pay. 1 year it was over 4000 for one truck, non-commercial!
    that is for standard insurance. it's good coverage though.
    and that is is throuhg a company called "Auto One". they're in Melville NY,but i go through a broker.

8. jmcooper

jmcooper LawnSite Member

I just paid mine last week, $217 for 6 months of coverage. That is for one truck (98 chevy p/u) and full coverage. It comes out to $37 a month.

9. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

My commercial policy on a '02 1/2 ton, full coverage comes in at $1056 a year. Same agent has comm. vehicle, bus. ins., and homeowners ins.. I'm thinking of giving him my medical as well as wifes personal veh.,. Man, I need to start selling insurance on the side! :dizzy: :dizzy:

10. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is $417.00 per quarter for 3 vehicles.