Lowes landscape trailers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Apr 6, 2001.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Anyone seen the landscape traliers offered by Lowes stores?
    They were a good bit cheaper then those offered by landscape supply and/or trailer companies.
    Thoughts?

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Home depot has pace open trailers! I was looking at them last night when i was at home depot! What shi*! I like the fact that they have 24 inch metal sides but every thing is so flimsy on them that they couldnt possibly hold up for a landscaper!

3. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

You usually get what you pay for in trailers. I just bought two new 6 x 10 tilt trailers. One was $650, average paint, used tires, and common wheels, no treated floor. The second was $750 with treated floor, good paint and decal work, new tires with white spoke wheels. We'll see if the extra $100 pays off in time.........Lynn

4. crash22201

crash22201 LawnSite Member

I saw them for $1,050 dollars it a pretty nice deal.
    i was gonna by one 6x12ft i think. good trailer

5. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

I have looked at those trailers also and found them to be inexpensive, and in some cases "cheaper" than what you find at a trailer dealer. On some of them the metal looks thinner, the welds are not as clean and the ramps look flimsy and don't line up with the pins properly. It is almost like they are factory "seconds" in some cases.

I would look them over very closely. Find out what the Gross Weight is and then how much the shipping weight is. Subtracting the two will tell you how much load you can carry.

Another thought is service. Anything metal that gets bounced around driving up and down the roads has a breakage concern. Do they have any kind of warrantee service? Do you mind paying out of pocket for someone to weld something back together for you? What if you burn a bearing and need new spindles? Just considerations.

Check it over really well. If it looks really good it probably is. If it looks cheesy, well, that speaks for itself.

Mark

[Edited by Chopper Lover on 04-06-2001 at 08:17 PM]

6. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

What size are the ones at lowes? I have a 6x12 and since I bought the kubota its really to small, so once i sell it I'm going to get a 7x14.

7. greens1

greens1 LawnSite Senior Member

I would go to http://www.trailersonline and do a little cost comparison, their one of the few places I have seen that actually list their prices on line. The dealer there isn't top of the line but the quality is reasonable. When I buy from there I plan on replacing the wood with treated lumber, I simply factor it in as part of the price when I go to buy.
    Good Luck,
    Jim L

8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

That link didn't come up for me.

9. Chopper Lover

Chopper Lover LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.trailersonline.com

I can honestly say you can't get those trailers at thouse prices here in Maryland... Maybe used, but new? No way.

If anyone around me knows where I can find them at that price PLEASE let me know.

Mark

[Edited by Chopper Lover on 04-06-2001 at 09:43 PM]

10. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member