Lowe's landscaping?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by steve in Pa., Jun 4, 2005.

1. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone ever been awarded the bid from a new lowe's store for the landscaping? If so I am bidding on a new store location and just curious to see what these bids go for. I know every store is different, I already have my bid finished but seems a little high to me. Once again just curious if anyone knows what general area is on price for these installs.

2. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

there's a home depot near me that I'll bet has at least 30to 40k in the landscape block retaining wall alone. all depends on the contour of the grounds. a lowes near me spent 1 whole summer rerouting a creek and building up the site before they ever layed a block for the building.

3. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

There is a retaining wall in this project also but it is getting bid out seperate than the landscaping( shrubbery, weed mat, mulch and aluminum edging) 127 cubic yards of mulch alone. my numbers seem high, just wanted to compare some similar numbers of jobs already done. we are also bidding on the retaining wall 1200 sq. ft.

4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

steve... for the mulch, do you have a blower? if not try to get someone who does have a blower to do it, and still charge lowes your rate, because the blower co's are alot cheaper than doing it by hand