Lowes trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by larryinalabama, Mar 4, 2008.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Lowes has a string trimmer that can use several different attachments, pole saw, tiller , hedge trimmer, blower etc. It is cheap and homeowners, but Im thinking this would make a good backup string trimmer-edger and the attachments might save me some time here and there. I dont plan on using any of the stuff much but it really might come in handy at times.

What do you fellers think?

2. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Its probably a Ryobi. They don't last long....if you use them regularly, plan on getting about 3 months with them.

3. larryinalabama

Well what commerical stringers have the ability to interchange attachments?

4. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i would get a used stihl,shidi,red max,before i get anything non commercial.just my .2

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you are going to stay in business buy commercial grade equipment. other wise you will be throwing your money away.

If you are a home owner in that case is ok.:waving:

6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I am very happy with Stihl's new ads that explain why they are NOT sold in Lowe's or Home Depot.

7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

8. larryinalabama

It was just a thought,n I already have Shindawia blower and weedwacker and Kawasaki hedge trimmers I just thought that lowes stuff might come in handy now and then

9. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

for 2 reasons.

1) If you have some profit to burn so you dont' have to pay taxes on it.

2) If your life generally runs smooth and you need some aggrivation to liven it up

10. larryinalabama

Hey thanks a bunch grass-scapes. Looks like Echo and Sthil have the most attachments. Stihl has an extension that woul come in handy. I like Shindawia products the besr but they dont have as many attachments.