Lowest price garantee...ya or na?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Mar 28, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Anyone ever try this approach? Lowest price garantee... The way I was thinking it may work is that, A) I would think it would get you more people to look twice at your flyer, B)It would have to be in conjunction with 3 formal business estimates, or on official letter head from legit companies. C) and would have to be with a seasonal signed contract. I'm just trying to scramble for customers after I was thrown under the bus from a guy I sub work from. :help:
  2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

The problem with a guarantee like that-you are forced to work for the lowest price.
    Everyone who contacts you is going to be looking for a bargain, and moreover, the lowest price around. You may even end up lowering your price from the $10 dollar quote from the neighborhood kid.

Its a guarantee that looks good on paper, but once it falls into play, it sucks.
  3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Thats where I thought having the estimates on a official letter head may deter some of the non-legit companies from the equation. And I'm thinking that the more,(bigger) companies have official letter heads on their estimate sheets, I do.
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Anybody can produce "official letterhead" with a PC by centering their name and address at the top of a Word document.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

You could denote that your guarantee only applies to those competing companies with a valid business liscense.
  6. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

scrub-adub-dub 3 LCO's in a tub!
  7. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

No. For the most part, my prices are fixed. You can take it or leave it. This approach seems to be working fairly well. But I could see how a person might bend a bit if they were a full service company.
  8. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Your killing me!!!!!! LOL
  9. green thum

green thum LawnSite Member

:waving:I like pro enterprises suggestion but how could someone verify that that co. has a valid biz license?
  10. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

It sounds like a good idea to get customers quick, at least for this year.