1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

LowHauler Trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by TimberlandGrounds, Jan 15, 2004.

1. TimberlandGrounds

TimberlandGrounds LawnSite Member

I am going to order a new enclosed trailer soon.

I am leaning towards an ATC aluminum car hauler, however I would have to pay for storage.

Currently, my open trailer fits in my garage. An enclosed trailer I would have to pay for storage.

I have found Haulmark offers a LowHauler series trailer, designed to barely fit into a standard garage (height is the issue).

I am wondering will I regret purchasing a low hauler due to the low height, will this be a pain to load and unload 20 times per day?

LowHauler: Pro: Fits into my garage. Con: low height, approx. 5 feet.

Any experience with these trailers, will I regret it?

2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't imagine it NOT being a pain in the butt to duck in and out of that thing all day. I would figure something else out, you'll regret it for sure.
    We have an enclosed and at 6' 3" I have to duck at least going in and out of it. Once I'm in it's alright. Every time you have to do something in the trailer or get a trimmer or backpack blower you will be ducking, that's nuts.
  3. Lakeshore

Lakeshore LawnSite Member

It's really not as bad as it sounds. This is my second low hauler and I love it. It's so nice just to be able to back it in the garage when I get home at night.

4. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Very nice setup, Lakeshore.
  5. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Boy thats pretty. Especially that pickup.
  6. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Why are you getting an enclosed trailer if you are going to keep it inside? Unless theft while you are on your properties is an issue why spend the extra money? You could fit everything you need on an open trailer, and can put tool boxes on it for storage as well if you like.
  7. Lakeshore

That is a valid point, I have used open trailers before and they work well. For me, there are some nights that I come home and just leave the truck and trailer in the driveway and not have to worry about theft, rain, etc. I also happen to live in a city that has an ordinance about storing trailers in open view.

I also think that an enclosed trailer, for the most part, looks more professional.

As you can see, my trailer is a rolling billboard. I generate ALOT of business from the trailer alone.

What works for some, dosent necessarily work for others...
  8. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Nice enclosed trailer. What are the dimensions on that trailer? Length? Width? Height? What do you store in the trailer? Also, about your truck....is that 1500 or 2500? How does it pull it?
  9. Lakeshore

Thanks for the comments...

ztrguy, The dimensions are 16x 7.5 wide and just under 7 feet tall. It's designed to fit into your standard garage with a 7 foot door. My garage in my new house is 23 feet deep, so I upgraded from a 12 foot low hauler to the 16 foot version. Its just over 20 feet long with the tongue.

The truck is a 2002 Chevy 2500hd with the 6.0. It pulls it around just fine, no problems whatsoever...

10. Lakeshore

Here is a pic that I took before the graphics went on...