LS Contract attached

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Lnd Svyr, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Lnd Svyr

Lnd Svyr LawnSite Member

Here it is, my man.

Attached Files:

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Sorry, but if I handed that to one of my potential clients, they'd laugh in my face. We're not selling insurance, or nuclear secrets, that's WAY too much red tape.

3. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup. I'd have to 2nd that too :dizzy:

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Nice contract!!!!! It spells out all conditions and the steps needed to rectify them. I have one very similar that I've been useing for 20 yrs. The only real differnce is that mine are double sided with the legal stuff written on the back and last line that says, acceptence of contract will constitute agreement of all binding parts, including all of the above.
    I've only had one person read the whole thing, they ask a cple. ?? and after answering them they signed.
    IF a potential customer won't sign your contract, screw them and move on to the next one because thats the 1st warning sign that there gonna be trouble.

5. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

That's my contract! If you don't have all of that "red Tape" on there then you are not sufficiently covering your a$$ if something stupid happens. ElephantNest - Apparently you don't take your business seriously. There is nothing on that contract that is too difficult to understand for anyone. I hope you never make a mistake, because if you do and you don't have it spelled out in your contract.....See ya!

Chris

6. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Naw, I don't take anything too seriously. Certainly not my own business. *sigh*

Working on 23 years in the industry, and I'm speaking from experience. I have a contract, and it covers my ass, don't you worry. But if you counted all the people who WILL balk at that cantankerous thing, against the money you MAY lose by having a simple agreement that scares nooone away, I'll bet money on the simpler contract bringing in more money in the long run. Been there, done that.

7. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

That hurt my eyes!

I had my lawyer review the one that I use and it's about 1/10th of that!
    If it works for ya thats fine...but if I was the typical client after seeing that I think I'd get some other bids

8. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

So, if god gets mad at your hardscape, you won't fix it?

:D

9. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

My contract is almost identical to that. I also include a section that covers the use of subcontractors. I've been using it all season and, so far, it hasn't scared anybody. I'd be worried if it did. There is nothing for anybody to fear. It simply spells out the details.

Let's put this into perspective. I don't use the contract on small jobs. If somebody calls me for mulch or weeding or another small job, I don't use it. However, I use it on ALL hardscapes. This year, I have seen the scope of my hardscape jobs increase exponentially. As a result, so have the details of my contract.

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Contracts protect BOTH parties, if your potential clients are afraid to sign something that will cover there azz as well as the contractors then you need to learn how to sell your services better