LS seems much calmer......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grasswhacker, Sep 8, 2004.

1. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I wonder if that is because I don't see Charles, Garden Panzer, philk17088, or bobby posting much since the new format and user rating system has gone into effect.
    Any thoughts? :blob3:

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

the powers that be wanted to make the OT forum a kinder, gentler place to hang out. no room there for the barbarians you named unless they want to keep things civil.

bob posts mostly here and it seems he is missing in action. perhaps he will return soon with more adventures to share.

GEO

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

This time of year has always been a little slower. Tired or busy keeps us from spending lots of time here. But winter is coming. Some great arguements over the winters.

4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Yea Hoss I know what ya mean,as long as Ive been around here It does tind to get a little wild and wooly but it sure does make for some interesting reading at times.

5. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Ahhhhh sounds like happy little flowers and trees.. peaceful isn't it...(Sorry, I was having a Bob Ross moment...)..LOL It has chilled out a little.

6. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

1.Some of the posts are the same ol posts.Same questions.Nothing wrong with it,but once they've been answered,ya kinda lose interest over time.
    2.Some people are very busy,especially on the east coast.Gotta get everything done before more hurricanes and rain hit.
    3.Good time to work on business plans for the upcoming year.
    4.Some posts are meant to be informative,but get taken as personal insults,so the poster and respondants just read for awhile.

5.I'm still holding out for my check.

7. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

its normal IMO. Think about it, its September and weve been talking lawncare for a good 4 months now. Most any questions have been asked and answered, and most of our only concerns are getting the mowing done for the year and then moving on to the battle of leaves.

Dont worry, once everyone starts to see a few leaves turning, things will pick right up again.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I personally think the new format of the site is also keeping some people away.

Gravely_Man

9. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i agree. i haven't been on nearly as much, and its been raining here yeasterday and today. but at the same time, we all complained about all the server downtime, so, what to do? :sleeping:

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

grasswacker, i think not "calmer", but "boring" is the proper term. what used to be good ole fun by a bunch of seasoned veterens, is now nothing more than pure boredom. there are so many new faces here, i feel like i've returned to my old highschool, expecting to see the old crowd, and suddenly realized i no longer belong. it's the same ol nonsense, same ol questions. this is good for mr . addams, but it is boring me to death. at the rate this sight is growing, it is great for sean, the sponsers, and the staff here, but absolute destruction for the industry. also, i hate the new format, it looks too much like "the other site".