1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

LS slow because of banners???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by gogetter, Feb 23, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I don't know if it's just my PC, but LawnSite seems to be loading very slow lately.
    And I almost wonder if it has to do with the animated banners?

I find that sites with flashing and animated banners usually load slower for me.

Could this be the case?

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I have noticed too that it has been slow off and on since I last posted that it was moving much faster lol

3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

the banners are 1-3kbs for the non-flashing ones and 4-5kbs for the flashing ones. in the grand scheme of thing it does slow it down, but not that much.

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Its been slow for me, but i just thought it was my internet provider screwing up again.

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

also, another thing to keep in mind is this server is serving over 200 members right now. during the course of the day and evening that number fluctuates people sign-in or leave.

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Its winter. everybodys on now. Summer time it slows down.
    John

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

WELL Gamba if you would get off and lose some weight(before you got back on) it would speed up!! HAHAHAHAHAHA
    j/k

8. John Gamba

from ct

9. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

Very true... if you'd come around 4 AM, you would find the site very fast :)

The banners may increase the time it takes you to load the first page of LawnSite, but after that, they are cached on your computer and do not need to be downloaded again - except for the large one - so this should not be an issue.

The speed problem is mostly due to the fact that a lot of people are here at the same time, and loading forum pages - not banners - take quite a bit of server resources as they must be generated dynamically. I'm frequently checking the server status graphs and will continue to look for solutions in order to improve the situation.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

10. John Gamba

from ct

So I'm Correct:cool: