1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ls180 value?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by FIRESCOOBY, Sep 3, 2008.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Quick question for you guys.

Going to look at a skid in a few days. Don't know much other than the following.

2004 LS180
    200 something hours
    Used by general contractor

He's wanting $10,500 for it. I've not priced one in a long time. Sounds like a deal, but out of the loop. I've asked why he's wanting to sale and I've been told he's hurting with the housing market. He's sitting on nearly 30 houses right now.

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's a steal, but find out if it's a base machine or it has some goodies like an enclosed cab.

What are some things to look for?
  4. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Listen for noises while turning with the machine with one side, smoke while idling, blow by from the oil fill cap, leaks under the machine, lots of things other than kicking the tires to look for.
  5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

That seems like a good buy even if it is bare bones.. NH's aren't fancy but can get a lot done. I don't know if the 180 has the two speed?
  6. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

That is a pretty good deal even if it is not perfect, they are very very very long lasting machines. We have 3500 hours on our 99 NH and it starts evertime and works almost everyday.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That is a buy. Like someone said even if its a bare bones machine that is a good price. You could buy it run it for a year, trade it for what you may really want and not lose a dime on it.
  8. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

sounds to good to be true. if it was in good shape and had 2000 some hours on it it might be a good buy. I would keep quit just in case it's true.

Yeah, haven't seen it yet...not counting my chickens yet.
  10. accurate machinery

accurate machinery LawnSite Member

Check the machine thoroughly and you will know if the hour meter is accurate.
    With only 200 hours it should be tight as new in all the pins and bushings, the New Holland has a digital meter that could have been replaced or reset if the circuit board went bad.