LT Rich, z spray company

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Apr 3, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

I wonder if this is the same company that had the Z-cart several years ago. Anyone know if that is and is there anyone out there that owns a z-cart.

I gonna do a google search to see if I can find a photo

2. James Cormier

from Ma

3. get rich

get rich LawnSite Member

Yes they are the company who made z-cart. they do still make the it, we almost bought one instead of the z-spray. We opted for the z-spray, it now takes care of all of or lawns. We were thinking of the z-cart because they dress it up with spray tank, boom, and fert hopper just like the z-spray. Except it would be over-kill on our smaller lawns and the z-spray is universal for all of our lawns. We have one property thats over 5 acre and thought about using the cart instead, but didn't. Very handy machines, both are.

4. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Just to add, I have 3 Z-sprays and a Z-cart. I used both yesterday!!
    <Mike

5. James Cormier

from Ma

Morturf, Yesterday I was doing alot of searches and came accross alot of your posts, You seem like you got some intersting toys. I like your style.

You where talking with someone about pulling aerators and other items with wright standers,

Back when we offered mowing all of our mowers where standers and i was so amazed at how well they worked, and one of the best things those mowers did was pull our aerator.

We have a 48 inch lesco pull behind, and we also had some trac vac trailers that we used for fall clean ups that we pulled behind our 52" standers that did such a great job. I was thinking of buying a used stander just to pull my aerator ( i sold them all when i sold the mowing business ) but now I thinking the zspray can pull it, what do you think?

I really like that zcart, I thought it would do a good job pulling the aerator and make a nice wide app fert machine with a vicon or other big spreader on back. What do you use yours for? Is the dump bed powered? How well does it track on hills?

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

james would a ryan truckster work u can put a vicon, dump bed and a aerator on the back works great on the golfcourse

7. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Hey James,

Appreciate your praise!!! As far as the cart and a back end spreader there would be powering the spreading unit because most are PTO powered and there is no PTO. I love my little Z-cart. It is not a Truckster, i had one of those for 35 years, i also have a Toro Workman now. They are 2 different animals, but the Z-cart is great for what I use it for. I use it like a motorized wheelbarrow. I originally bought for a spreader/sprayer but if you pm me I will tell you some more. I still use the sprayer once in a while for large area roundup treatments. But the spreader is way gone. I love to use it for dirt moving in nice yards that you don't want to tear up. I am all about making it easier and I LOVE MY Z'S!!:blob3: ALL OF THEM:blob3: Have a great day. Mike