lugged tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SimonCX, May 23, 2007.

1. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for better tires for my ztr. The turf masters are great for flat ground but I have a couple properties that have steep hills and the mower slides if it's up down or from side to side. I really don't want to pull out the wb because there big area's but I don't want my rider to end up in a creek also.

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

A ztr is going to slide easily if coming down the hill. It will slide some when going sideways. If it slides going uphill, you need newer tires or something. There isn't a hill my SuperZ's won't climb or flip over backwards trying.

3. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

Carlise Turf Tamers

We've been using then on the John Deere out front F725 and ZTR M655 for years, second set for each mower.

F725 does the residential work the M655 works with the 997 which does the open terrain work. You can barely sit in the seat when the 2 smaller mowers take to the hills

4. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

how much tread do you have left on the tires? I found that with the Turf Masters they may still look good but are toast for hills....had slipping issues and bought a new tire now 100% better. Also speed into a turn from or on a hill was a contributing factor.