Lunatics in cul-de-sacs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Mar 30, 2004.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I can't make rhyme or reason out of this, but it seems every circle I've done has tormented me. They always band together, nickle and dime me, and seem to never be happy. Maybe like a small condo board? Anyone else experience this with cul-de-sacs?
  2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

yes, "Cult" de sacs... They team up and try to get the group rates.....

People on my street are actually doing this to a sprinkler guy.... If the price goes low enough I may hop on it...........
  3. mjensen

mjensen LawnSite Member

I would give them a group rate based on teh amount of yards they pull in. 5 yards $30each , 4 yards $35 and so on. Let them know if one person drops out you raise all the prices. If one person doesn't pay then you raise the price. Make it worth your while to deal with people like that. Put it this way there is no travel time in a "CULT" de sac so go make some money off them.

Good Luck with them. I would try to work something out with them that fits my needs or drop them.
  4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

hey did you know cul-de-sac means bottom of the bag?

thought that was interesting
  5. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

Hey now, I live in a cult-de-sac :(
  6. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 6 customers on a own cul de sac. Its my favorite lawns to do! It helps that I live there too
  7. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Just picked up an account on one today. She wanted it done every two weeks for $40.00. No chance. Got her up to every 10 days for $50.00 per cut, year round. She said some other guy used to do hers, and two of her neighbors, all for $40.00 each. Man, these backyards just keep going and going. Pine trees everywhere, gardens, statues, ponds, etc. I don't see how the guy made money.....maybe that's why he isn't around this year.

My first thoughts were $75.00 per cut, then I thought $60.00, since I can get the Lazer in the back. But the more she talked, the more I liked her, she WANTED a contract, wanted to pay the 12 monthy payments, wanted me to do it however I thought best, i.e., bagging, mulching, etc.

And, she mentioned spreading my name to her neighbors, so I told her to mention to them also that I will not do them for $40.00 to save us all some time. She thinks they will pay 50.00 no problem. My kind of lady.