Lunch in the field!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenTurf, Feb 23, 2004.

1. GreenTurf

GreenTurf LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Just thought i would post this thread, havent seen it up. Just wondering what you guys do for lunch out in the field. Do you go to a fast food restaurant or a diner( I know they consume time). Do you pack a lunch. Do you bring a bag lunch and eat on the mower. Anyone take any special energy booster drinks while working. Basically just wondering what keeps you guys going all day in the hot weather. I usually stop quick at a fast food or get a slice of pizza and carry some extra goodies and gotta have my energy drinks. Doesnt make you piss like the coffee.
  2. my wife fixes me what i have for lunch and eat it while driveing between jobs or at the jobsite in the truck . hot weather i carry a coleman and put the lunch in it ...and a cooler for water
  3. GreenTurf

from NJ

Nice to get an honest answer from a man who served his country!!!
  4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yes, i agree, odin is a fine man. and you green? did u serve your country? personally, i wouldn't even consider doing a diner or anything, too time consuming. there is enough drive time to eat in transit
  5. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

We usually are close to home and just run home and grab a bite and rest for 45 min. This year we are thinking about taking our crew to Subway or Sheetz on Fridays, it should be fun.
  6. GreenTurf

from NJ

No I havent served but my brother did last year in Iraq in Marine Corps. I supporet and respect anyone who has served this country. We wouldn't be were we are today without the men and women of out military.
  7. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We instruct our crews to pack a lunch. We will try to stop at a convenience store 1X-2X's a day if possible. They only get 30 mins for lunch ... and if they have to drive 10 mins each way to the store, then they're left w/ only 10 to eat. So we try to swing past one between stops so theres no wasted time.
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We pack a lunch almost everyday,get ice,snacks and drinks at the gas station when we fill up if need be.I usually sit in the truck and eat for about 10-15 minutes.I don't like to waste to much time because I would rather get home earlier in the evening.
  9. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I stop by the house a take a break in the middle of my day.
  10. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

What ever I can scrounge up from the kitchen in the morning or else it's a convenience store or fast food.