1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lunch while landscaping. What do you pack? And in wha

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by 2 Cycle, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

I see you are in Hawaii. I used to live in Pacific Beach, San Diego Ca. There was a place called Da Kines and it was Hawaiin barbeque and I loved it so very much. I would honestly eat there everyday when I lived out there.

If that is the type of expensive lunch that you are having everyday then I say go for it brother because Chicken Katsu and Spam Musubi are two plates that are the BOMB!!

Oh yeah, forgot to ask..... Do you ever see Dog the Bounty Hunter around?
  2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Not quite that unhealthy all the time. Sometimes the chicken or pork cutlet does call me. No Spam ever. Otherwise it is barbequed short ribs or chicken. Not above a burger either. There are all kinds of places that prepare fresh foods. Sadly, I have never run into Dog or Beth or is that a good thing?
  3. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

about 10 years ago, I used to bring in a portable gas grill on Fridays. Just some dogs and buns. Used to heat it up about 15 minutes before lunch, time permitting. Morale was sky high those days, we loved it. Then I got away from landscaping and haven't gotten back in that groove yet but it was awesome and I recommend it
  4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I used to do that when I was a mechanic. Brought food for everyone once in a while and fired up the grill
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. kube616

kube616 LawnSite Member

Yeah I remember that show Swamp Loggers a couple of years ago on Discovery the guy who ran it would have a big cook out on Friday if they met their quota for the week
  6. 2 Cycle

yeah, those were the days. couple dogs on a friday and some good laghs made the second half of the day go by fast
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Wife packs me lunch in a cooler with water to drink. Also bring a gallon of water just to rinse off my head and get the salt out of my eyes after each job and to wash my hands before I eat.
  8. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

It's never good to not eat & drink during the day. Especially in our line of work!

Best to avoid fast food & gas station sandwiches. Not the healthiest choices. And it will drain your wallet faster!

I agree w/ this one! The only added recommendation is nutrient bars and/or packets of powdered nutrient drinks to mix as you go thru your day.
  9. 2 Cycle

Gas station subs. Sounds delicious, doesn't it?
  10. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

The only other thing that I can add to this "menu" is some of those 'snac pacs' of yogurt to get your dairy, and cottage cheese or tuna to get your daily allotment of protein. :dancing: