Lunch while landscaping. What do you pack? And in wha

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by 2 Cycle, Jan 16, 2014.

1. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

Anybody ever do the milk gallon chug challenge at lunch?

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Do tell... :drinkup:

3. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like my cooler but I add bottles of Gatorade for rapid absorption of depleted electrolytes. Heat cramps were biggest problem this past summer and the potassium in G ade fixes it the quickest. Prefer proteins over carbs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    ericg likes this.
  4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like a recipe for vomit fertlizer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

ericg likes this.
  5. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

Drink a gallon of milk in 10 minutes. Never did it on a worksite. Just thought it was a funny visual! New meaning to fert + squirt!

On a serious note, while I like PB+J, I find that if I put in a few more minutes and make a "nicer" sandwich, I really appreciate it when lunch rolls around. Right now I am working with ham, salami, and bologna combos with tomato and various mustards.

I also find that the more I work, the leaner I get. No surprise there but the winter packs on the pounds only working 2-3 days per week.

6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I pack a lunch every day. Usually ham or turkey or bologna sandwich, some cookies, string cheese.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 2 Cycle

2 Cycle LawnSite Senior Member

Gonna start a new diet. No more crap food i want to chisel up this summer. Chicken breast and water
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I hear you on that! My diet has changed completely! Just had diverticulitous, had to have surgery and still recovering. Had 44 staples going down my chest. I'm eating better trying to get ready for the year and play catch up!!!

Jonlawn- sorry I blew you off for beers, we'll have to get together later :drinkup:

9. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

Diverticulitis?!? Yep...poor eating habits will cause gunk to cake-up on your colon. Best diet to prevent it is whole grains, fruits and veggies. Which we should all be eating anyway. That processed (fake) food is killing us slowly!!!:dizzy:

10. JonLawn

JonLawn LawnSite Member

Jesus, man. Heal up. Keep me posted.