Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Jun 11, 2003.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, how about lunch? Do most of you eat out at fast food joints, or do you bring a lunch?

I always try to bring a lunch. I always bring a cooler for water and drinks. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll hit the Subway for a sandwhich, but I try to stay away from the fast food. I notice a lot of other lco's at the fast food joints for lunch in my area. That can get expensive, every day.

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Usually don't do lunch. If I do stop.. it is for a plain 7-eleven hot dog or a couple of soft pretzels. I mostly make it through the day with a couple of cokes.

I really should change my diet...
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I usually just eat breakfast then skip lunch. I may stop and get a candy bar or something at a gas station but thats all I eat when I'm working. I don't know why but I just don't get hungry while working especially when its hot outside.
  4. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I always bring my lunch with me. I just eat throughout the day so I don't have to make any extra stops. I usually stop at a gas station on the way back to the shop at night and get a Gatorade.
  5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't eat lunch
  6. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I make a sandwich the night before and usually bring a couple of pieces of fruit.
  7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

I usually buy a hot lunch, seem to get more work out of myself & feel better after a good lunch.
  8. Lunch fits around the work schedule.

Sometimes we don't eat lunch 'till 3:30
    Yesterday we ate lunch at 11:00

Half of the time we eat in the truck.

9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Eat breakfast and then when the work day is finished.

10. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys that are working long hours need to eat breakfast and lunch. I usually drop my guys off whereever they want, and I eat in the truck. I bring stuff like Tuna, Hard-boiled eggs, or other protein. The energy you can get from protein is outstanding. Carbs. slow you down too much. I can't do fast food or greasey food.