Lunch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by script, Sep 27, 2000.

1. script

script LawnSite Member

Do you guys stop and eat lunch or work right through? I know that health wise you should eat, but I seem to have more energy on days when I work through lunch than on days that I stop and eat. Also, what do like to eat after that long day? Personally I like a good steak or a big plate of red beans and rice with hot sausage. Just curious.

Bobby

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I try to finish the job we are on then bring the guys to get sandwiches at a local store (always my treat) no expense but my guys like that there gettin a free lunch.

3. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

park the truck walk into the bk after lunch rush, jump in the truck and eat it before the next stop..........

4. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

We usually stop for a sandwich somewhere. Like Landscaper said its always my treat too!!! YOu may pay for lunch, but to keep your employees happy, its worth it.

5. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Lunch, doughnuts & coffee in the morning. All my treat. It's only me and one guy, but it keeps him happy. Every once in a while I'll get him a gift certificate from Outback or Red Lobster. He says if I give him cash, he'll just blow it. I always want to take a nap after I eat.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If you're getting tired after you eat lunch then try to cut back on the amount of food you eat at lunch.

7. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I guess that there IS such a thing as a free lunch.

I will only eat out 1-2 times per month. My route is close to home, so I will either stop at the house, or take my lunch with me.

$5 per day @ a fast food resturant, times 5 days per week = $25/week. $25/week times 35 weeks per season=$875.00 to eat unhealthy food. No thanks.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I eat in between jobs while driving down the road. ! sandwich and some chips or cheetos and a can od diet pop(?)
    I have it planned into my longest drive which happens to be around noon.

By the way, I wouldn't care to be trimming or riding with you after a night with those beans and sausage;)

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We mow about 4 lawns and then go out to breakfast at a sit down resturant. MowEd knows where it is and can varify it is good food and plenty of it. We have found that the food is much better there than a fast food place and about the same price. It's rediculas how much the fast food places cost to eat now and all that grease isn't to good for you.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Eric, It sounds like you're like I am. I don't usually get an appetite until around mid morning. My only problem is when I go without eating, I REALLY get run down. I don't expect my equipment to run without fuel, so I SURE don't expect my body to either.