1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rdh, Feb 8, 2001.

1. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

lurkers you should jion in on lawn site .
    i lurked for about over a year ,before i joined .resone
    i dont now much on computer some times i post and there is 3 other post before mine ,when i joined i would use the one finger to type with ,now i use two fingers .heck i could
    not spell landscaper now i am one, you will learn a whole lot more if you get on here and ask questions.
    i had seen on a post that there maybe like 2000 lurkers
    im sure we all can learn alot more with that many more members , whats to think about lawn site is great!
    well what im saying is im not only learning from lawnsite but i can now type with two fingers and spill better opps
    i mean spell better.
    HOMER im working on punctuating.lol
    thanks lawnsite

[Edited by rdh on 02-08-2001 at 12:29 AM]
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

thanks rdh its lurking much better i noticed that you had been working on it since i posted that i wasn't serious just poking fun at you see i like to kid around a lot it makes the day go by faster but please keep working on it its kind like talking when you reach the end of a sentnence you pause to take a breath its the same when you type someone something you just put a comma or a period at the end of it as for all those lurkers out there yes it would be nice if they went ahead and joined maybe they have other advice such as financial taxes savings and you know other advice that they could give us that would really make us better than we already are at what we do any advice is good advice what i need might differ from what you need and so on but we all can get along good here if we just try to help each other out

im hyperventilating now so...........,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!???????

3. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

I have to lurk. I don't think I'm able to contribut much to the knowlede base here. Been full time in the business for 8 years. Owned my company for 4 years and every year I realize just how little I know. I figure the only areas I need help are, business managment,applications, pricing, personnel,trainning, horticulre, mowing, equipment calibration and repair, estimating, billing, customer relations, and--well--like I said, I know everything about nothing, and every year learn how much more there is to learn. this is a great FORM and every day I read it I learn how much more I need to learn.
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Russ,

If you know nothing about so much, then you have alot to contribute.

just my .02
  5. Eric Green

Eric Green LawnSite Member

Its good to lurk,my first thought was "WOW,all of these people are experiencing what I am, this is cool!!!, I joined last year and spent all this time reading and learning!I think my first post to a thread was right after the first snow,which was a few weeks before x-mas2000! Hey Russ if you've been into the green industry for 8 years there is someone who can grow from your knowledge!!! just my $.02...