Lyme disease

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by turf dog, May 25, 2006.

1. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

Anybody here ever caught lyme disease from a tick bite. I had a tick bite 3 weeks ago. Last week I woke up and and felt like I had the flu. The spot were the tick was looked like a bullseye. I am starting my second week of meds and starting to feel good again. Moral to the story is get your wife to do a good tick check each night:rolleyes:
  2. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Glad you caught it early.
  3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Got it last summer from working in ct... same thing... dont remember what med they had me on but the first one was burning my skin and i was already tan as can be so they had to change my med... youll be ok.. can cause a lot of problems though if you dont catch it like you did... glad your ok
  4. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

They put me on doxcycline. IT makes your skin very sensitive to the sun. I am already tan and my skin still burns with sunscreen on, so I have to cover up. Not real fun when its 93 degrees with 80% humidity.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I got it about 5 years ago.

Woke up one Saturday morning and had the big bulleye's rash on my thigh. Was glad one of my customers is a MD. Went right to his house and he wrote out the script for whatever antibiotic it was for the next 30 days. Made that summer miserable though cause you can't be out in the sun for any length of time and you are extremely sensitive to sunlight.
  6. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Turf Dog... same with me... same med I was one.. was working on a golf course and after 4 days couldnt take it any more... my ksin was turning almost black it was getting so tan and burning... see if your doctor can switch your med... forget the name of the one he changed mine to but it was a big help