1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lyme Disease

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plymouthvaliant73, Mar 29, 2000.

1. Untreated lyme disease can cause serious long term health problems including joint damage and nervous system problems. A very good source of information is available at:<p>www.lymenet.org
  2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I would strongly suggest anyone who spends any time outside (such as our profession) either use insect repellent regularly or get the vaccination for lyme disease. Problem is, the tick that spreads the virus is so small its doubtful you'll see it on your skin until the damage is done.<p>Bill
  3. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i was at my doctor about a month ago and asked him about the shot....he said it sucks and its not as effective as everyone thinks, its like 75%effective. i got my first of 3 vaccinations for it anyway that same day. i am going tuesday for my second and a year till the final one. i figure it cant hurt!
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I got all 3 shots just to be on the safe side. If its only 75% effective, that's still good in my book.