1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

m h landscaping services..... anyone delt with them before?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LoweJ82, Jul 25, 2011.

1. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a call from them never heard of them before and was wondering if anyone had any experience in dealing with them?

Has anyone actually worked for them? if so how did it turn out?

2. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

anyone even heard of them?

3. fiber_tek

fiber_tek LawnSite Member

Just saw your post. I have been working with them since September. They seem to be good to work with. I just answered an ad on Craigslist and they got back to me about a week later and started with 3 properties in my town and then it got bigger and ended up doing about 2 dozen every couple of weeks in town and out of town. It is part time for me and the money seems to be in the out of town properties since they pay mileage, and the really far properties they pay for gas and mileage. I am happy working with them.

4. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

Your kidding right?? You can mow, bag, trim, edge and take photos for these prices up to 15,000 sq ft???????

(from Craigslist here)

MH Landscaping and services is seeking reliable individuals to maintain unoccupied properties. Most of the work we do consists of lawn maintenance. To work with us, you would need to have reliable access to the equipment necessary to complete each job. This equipment includes a lawn mower, weed eater, digital camera (smart phone is acceptable) and reliable internet access. Visit us at www.mhlands.com and select >Home >Available Positions for more information.

prices.jpg

5. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

LOL! There advertising up here again. Guess whomever they had went broke already......

6. sweetcutgrass

sweetcutgrass LawnSite Member

i may be new to this fourm but i just got an email from these guys and had some sticker shock when i read the prices ..i wanted more work but i wanted to make money doing it .

7. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

They are NOT looking for professional lawn companies. They are looking for hacks with a pushmower in the trunk of a geo metro...............

8. sweetcutgrass

sweetcutgrass LawnSite Member

i think i just seen a metro with pushmower in it drive by house . lol

9. mjstef

mjstef LawnSite Member

Hell at the prices quoted, you would have to drag the mower behind your bicycle..........

10. J Hackbert

J Hackbert LawnSite Member

MH Landscaping has a contract to landscape the property adjacent to mine. The building and land at 2345 Greystone, Round Lake Beach, Illinois, are owned by BankAmerica (or Bank of America), not sure of the precise name of the bank. The property's yard and patio area have become an unsightly mess with weeds as high as my waist. The weeds from the property have grown and/or been blown under our side of the common fence. I have seen a MH Landscaping crew mow through the middle of the back yard and leave a wide uncut swath along both the fence and the patio. I took photos on June 23 and July 16 to document the issue, but have had trouble uploading them. Will try to post photos tomorrow.