M2500 lacking power?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Nov 24, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the m2510 lacking power and wasn't as powerful as I thought it would be?

I have the m2510 powerhead with the hedge trimmer attachment from Shindaiwa. I went through 2 gas tanks already, and it didnt seem that powerful to me??

I'm just playing around with the idle adjust screw and should the screw be tighentened or loosened to increase its power and rev??
  2. alpine692003

Whats the proper way of breaking in a new equipment?

Just run it like a regular broken in equipment?
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Thats what we always do and don't seem to have any trouble.

If you try to adjust the idle screw to speed the engine up the idle will also speed up and therefore the attachment will not stop moving when trigger is released. It should get a little more powerful as you run more fuel through it. We have a T2500 trimmer and its powerful but not as powerful as our Stihl 4-mix trimmer.
  4. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

The idle adjust screw will not effect power, just IDLE RPM. You'll want to find the high speed mixture screw if it has one. If it does not but has a BRASS plug covering the idle MIXTURE screw there is a way to remove that and do some tuning

That being said if you don't know how to tune a two cycle DON'T, to lean and you end up with a boat ancher.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

The idle screws are gone,when the took them off it went downhill. Some models have a screw in the top of the card it takes a little screw driver, there is no adjustment on the new shins, if you had a old carb with the adjustments you would be in,we went to redmax for this reason stratocharged powerfull.
  6. alpine692003

I'm not sure if the m2500 has a high speed adjust screw, if so where is it located??

i can only find that one obvious screw behind the covering!