1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ma Pesticide Exam

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by dmk395, Jan 4, 2002.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Has anyone taken the Massachusetts Pesticide exam? I am going to take it shortly, have ordered all the material and have begun studying for it, nonetheless it seems like an awful lot of information to remember. Anyone have any tips on studying for it, or hints on for the test?

2. jkinchla

jkinchla LawnSite Member
    from MA

How much studying you need to do depends a lot on your background. If you have studied horticulture/turf in school, you will see a lot of common themes. You'll probably will not have to study real hard if that is the case.

I took the turf exam last year, and it focuses a lot on pesticide labels, PPE, and environmental responsibility. However, there will be some liability questions, and many questions from the supplemental turf manual. Some of the questions on the exam were fair but there were others that I don't think were even covered in the manuals. So, I wouldn't say that the exam is difficult, but you should really pay attention to the supplemental turf manual and the topics above. Good luck!

3. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Does it take long to get your results?