MA workers comp rates?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by KLR, Sep 15, 2006.

1. KLR

KLR LawnSite Member
    from Zone 6

some help please?
    i know i've seen a website for the workers comp rates/categoties ...but now i cant find my way there? for massachusetts

how do you handle workers comp?...do you pay the lower applicators rate and hold your breath when you have someone aerating? (cuz...thats what i'm doin)

As I recall it is a significant increase in rate when aerating is thrown into the mix.

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know the website, but in NY I am in the $9 for every $100 of payroll rate. I am based on a full service landscape / tree company though. I didn't want to take any chances even though I don't do landscaping or tree work.

3. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we are in MA

I'm not sure of the website...but we have two men who are 'full service' covered (cant remember off the top of my head the rate but something close to what Turf Hokie has quoted) These guys do aerations- slice seed. Our other guys are covered under applicators only which is a much lower rate (about half as i recall?) Then our office personel which is a very cheap rate.

I dont know anybody who likes paying into workers comp....but if something happens it could get real ugly for you. I'd suggest having at least one employee covered as a landscaper/truck driver catergory...or you do the aerations yourself....you do not have to have workers comp coverage on yourself