maaco?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mower&more1986, Sep 7, 2007.

1. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

I thinking about getting my truck repainted during winter.
    would you guys go to maaco? or someone else?
    I really just would like my truck to look a little better.
    any idea what it might cost?:help:

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

NO. Find a local guy to due it.

3. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

ehhhh.......well maaco. They are a chain body shop versus small body shops. They want the cars in and out faster, so their work is a lil on the sloppy side versus a smaller shop. I had a truck done by maaco a few years ago, and it was poopy at the least. One side of the truck was shinier than the other, and alot of untaped over-spray areas, and runs in the paint. It was only a 350 dollar paint job, needless to say you get what you pay for. If you are looking for some fresh color that is cheap, go to maaco. If you want a nice shiny, professional paint job that is gonna last, go elsewhere. But again this is from my experience, so each one is gonna be different.

4. mower&more1986

I dont need perfect but i dont want crappy.
    I will look to the phone book and shop around.:walking:
    how much would you guys spend? or would you not do it all
    if you check my post's you can see a picture of my truck
    heres the link http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=198139

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

send it to maaco,they painted my enclosed trailer for me and did a GREAT job nothing wrong AT ALL less then half of what every one else wanted. that truck will run you around 450-500. you are going to work that truck put dents and scratches in it don't was your money on a 2000 dollar paint job.my .02

6. mower&more1986

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would rather have maaco paint it every 4 years for 450 bucks then have some other shop do it for 2000 once

8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

A good wax job will do that same as Maaco. If you do not care about overspray, tash in the paint, fading and clear coat problems.........go ahead.

9. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I think their paintjobs depends on who is working that day. I've seen cars come out with overspray all over wheels and tires, glass, and discolorations from the recently closed maaco by my house. But then I have seen and heard of really nice looking jobs from there.

10. mower&more1986

well decided to wait i plan on restoring the truck to almost like new someday
    i just like this truck a ton more than the new ones
    i must give it this it is real fun to drive with stick shift
    the new ones just don't look like something i would want or could afford
    i guess i would have test drive one or look for a newer truck like mine after this one give out which will be a long time because supsoly the miles on the truck were ogainal which is about 83000 it came form a farm.