Mac Issue

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Groundcover Solutions, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I am unable to use the quick quote system due to non compatability with macintosh platform. I click on the quick quote butten but am taken to just the reply area with the last statement quoted. It works fine on my pc but when I try to use this feature on my mac it dose not work. Just thought I would let you know.

2. Cut-Rite2

Cut-Rite2 LawnSite Member

I'm using Netscape 7.0 on a MAC in OS 9.2 and quote button works fine for me. What OS and browser you using?

3. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

I just asked the tech guy sitting next to me and that is what he asked - "What browser is he using?"

4. Groundcover Solutions

explorer 5.2 for mac

5. Groundcover Solutions

OS is mac os x 10.2.8

6. Groundcover Solutions

Just wondering if we have made any headway with this issue. It is kinda starting to irritate me. It would just be nice to have a quick quote! Thanks for your work so far I hope we can get this resolved!! :cool:

7. Groundcover Solutions

Another issue I have found is that when I clik on a user I am unable to get the drop down menu.

8. Groundcover Solutions

ok I believe I have found the route of the problem, as mentioned it is most definitely the browser that I am using. The latest edition of explorer for mac 5.2 is the route of the problem. I have run both netscape and firefox now. All Issues do not accure on both browsers, so i have switched over to the firefox browser which works great. So at least for people running mac OS X 10.2 and running on the explorer 5.2 browser are going to experience problems. I do not know if it is limited just to this version of explorer or the OS. But i have resolved my problem for now, but it would be good to still try and work the issues for explorer out. (in my opinion)

9. Cut-Rite2

Cut-Rite2 LawnSite Member

I am formerly a graphic artist at a printing company and have dabbled in web design. I have found that the Internet Explorer browser is quirky at best. Explorer does not support some of the functions which Netscape supports with no problems. If you are using a Mac with OSX platform, I would recommend using either Netscape 7.2 or Safari. Both excellent browsers, in my opinion.