1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

mach 2

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by broske, May 27, 2005.

1. broske

broske LawnSite Member

I've never used mach 2 but i see alot of people talking about it.I live in ct. but I don't know where I could find a supplier
  2. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: ive used mach for years with outstanding results, i get mine from lesco. its a much more flexible product than merit though you should water your products in, before they lose effectiveness, mach gives you some leway, and also with the application timing. ive put mine down late june early july and its been great. tony
  3. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've used both products , MAch2 and Merit, both have worked well, best to use Mach to closer to the actual egg laying stage of the beetles since the window of longevity isnt quite the length of Merit. But Mach2 will kill even at the second instar stage so there is some room for control even later. I have actrually split my order of grub control this season to Merit early on, like may and early june, and then using Mach2 Later June thru mid august. Kind of comparing how much Merit will also control billbug and chinchbug going into the summer.