Machine lifting ability

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Jul 24, 2007.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I had some extra time and some pallets of blocks too check my machines lifting ability.

Thats about 6500 pounds in the picture.

I put over 7000 pounds and it did not want too lift it very far off the ground.
    It was hydraulic limited.

They list the lift arm breakout at 7400.
    It appears to be pretty much dead on.

The tipping load is 6000 and it is very tipping with over 6000 pounds.:dizzy:

I move 2 pallets of blocks around quite often but the machine is very light on the rear.

0724071709a.jpg

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

thats a 150 right?

3. AWJ Services

from Ga

TL 140.

They have strong hyd.

4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I really miss my Takahoochi tracked machine. It had quite a bit of power for sure, but the one thing I really liked was the roll up door vs. the swing out door. That roll up is really magic when you have to jump in and out all day long verses not having your bucket all the way down exactly right or bucket is on a bit of a hill and you have to readjust your readjustment just to get out of the darn thing.....

5. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

awj,I'm so sorry ,again you should have bought a Deere you would be able to see out the back to!

6. AWJ Services

from Ga

I actually demoed a deere and Takeuchi at the same time.

I purchase the Takeuchi.

You could not pour me into a Deere.

The Takeuchi beats the pants off the Deere when it comes too digging in this hard clay here.

Plus I can drive mine with one hand and can start it with the door up.:drinkup:

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

The door, pilots and the cab size really sold me on it.
    I am not a petite person so the cab is a plus.
    The Deer cab was so small.
    The visibilty out back on the Takeuchi was better than the Deere machine for me because I could not turn around in the cab and drive like I can with the Takeuchi.

Plus with a Deere you cannot operate the machine with the door up.:dizzy:

8. crab

crab LawnSite Senior Member

:laugh: :laugh: first of all that was a joke Ive run you're machine ,very nice almost bought one,however i run mine with the door open[little wiring trick],and pilot control's are apples to oranges ,cab is larger but the machine sits much higher ,big downer,you must be big man man cause I'm 6,1 240 and I'm very comfortable in the cab,well any way just kidding about one being better,i was just joking about you're less than adequate lifting capacity.

9. AWJ Services

from Ga

No hard feelings.
    I use my machine for grading and land clearing.
    Lifting is more than adequate for a 2000 pound roc machine.:)

I will agree the Deere is a beast when lifting is the needed task.

I will take some pics of the area that I worked in at this job.
    I hear people complain about the Takeuchi size often but it very rarely is a hindarance.

On a serious note what is the most weight your Deere will lift off the ground.
    Just curious.
    7000 pounds is alot of weight too me.
    I am just curious how much the boom geometry helps on the Deere/New Holland machines.

The one I demoed would lift a ton but coming off the ground it would have a hard time with full buckest of soil.
    It was like the boom had too pass a certain point before it would really get strong.

10. waltero

waltero LawnSite Member

That is a good idea! I will have to try that out to see what my machine is capable of lifting.