machine rates

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Qualey, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

I'm just curious as to what most of you get per hour with your equipment. We have a Cat 302.5 miniX and a Cat 277 track-loader and it appears that these machines can command more per hour than their big brothers. Any similar experiences?

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Hey Qualey

I'm in the same "region" as you, so I'm curious what you get.

somewhere around $55/hr skid steer
    somewhere around $65/hr mini x

3. hulan2

hulan2 LawnSite Member

Same for our region.

4. Qualey

Qualey LawnSite Member

Green Monster

$80/hr Mini-X
    $105/hr loader (but this is fully due to its tracks..it can get places that the wheeled machines can't and is used in the winter). Both machines for the day for $1200 (2 operators)

The reason I ask is because I know plenty of guys getting only $48/hr for bulldozers and ~ $100/hr for 30-50000lb excavators. I can't imagine paying for a Cat 315 or larger plus the truck and trailer to pull it around with at that rate. For comparison, my old 500000 mile $15000 knuckleboom crane truck bills at $100.00/hr. I don't see how the small excavation guys do it.

What size machine do you bill those rates at?

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I'm running a Bobcat 753 skid steer & 331 Mini x.

I don't do much as far as solely running a machine. Each is used as needed on landscape installs.

I'm not sure how these two compare in size to your CAT machines, but I'm pretty sure when it's time to upgrade my skid steer, it will be to a tracked machine.

6. Dwan

Dwan LawnSite Member

TB070 $125/hr
    Bobcat 975 125/hr
    street sweeper $150/hr
    10 yd dump truck $75/hr

rates will go up next spring
    more then 1 piece on job site gets $25/hr credit

7. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

We factor $175.00 per hour for the 257B when we side slope, $125.00 per hour for excavation and grading the flats. Every job it sits on used for random loading, pallet moving and such, we charge $250.00 per day, the same rate rental yards charge for bobcats.

Have you been trained from Cat MTL undercarrage classes yet? This will help you determine how to recover what you need to best, as well as allow you to make the best uses of the machine so that the tracks and undercarrage will not wear prematurely.