Machines Of Glory

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Its hard to be a TV star when you dont know when you'll see yourself.

Thats why I move dirt for a living lol... well knock down trees and make mud pies

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Chris, Congratulations to you Tom & Justin on winning and showing the old guys how the young guys do it. I liked Justin's trash talking while on the backhoe, aside from the host being a little too "dramatic" I enjoyed watching the show.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Watching it now. Yea the host is a lil dramatic.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

haha thanks man! well you know tv they love to make things dramatic!

I think I would do something like this again but if it ever got as stupid as AX men or something I think I would just walk away from it. I'll stick to yanking levers before I look like that on TV

5. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Any where we can watch it online?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Lazer_Z

from NJ

I hear ya on the drama they like to create, I saw a trailer for Ax men and it looks worse than before.

I think you guys did really good, I don't know how much editing was done to make things look god. I think you guys handled yourselves very well, it was kinda funny seeing you and Tom on TV rather than in a vid on You Tube.

It would be nice to see you guys do something like this again, but only time will tell. Congrats again & Happy early New Year :drinkup:

7. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks! Chris, Justin and I had a blast. We really had a good time on the show. I don't think a lot of editing was done to make things look good, but a lot of editing sure was done! I think they left out a lot of the strategy that we came up with for each challenge. Had to cut something out though, 4 days of filming for a 1hr show!

8. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Do you know when or if it will air again, I was traveling the first time.

9. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Wow! That's a lot of time. I liked the giant slingshot, that looked to be the most fun.

Did you guys have a favorite challenge?

10. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Loved the show guys! I hope they do something like it again, or at least some kind of construction related show. Ax Men has run it's course and they are just getting annoying now. Swamp Loggers was the best thing they had going as far as heavy equipment on tv and now that it is gone all we have is a bunch of idiots on Ax Men.

Where was the show filmed?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012