Machines Of Glory

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Does the third guy who was on your team on the show have a youtube channel?
  2. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

Yes Justin has a YouTube:

The show was filmed in Sun Valley California.

Not sure about the other guys but my favorite challenge was the last one, it took speed, finesse, strategy and brains to complete and I got to fling some cars!! Oh and we blew **** up! What else could you ask for? haha
  3. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

Great show Tom. I DVR'd all of them and enjoyed all of them. I have three questions for you-

1. Were the other operators easy to get along with?
    2. Did you guys get much time to discuss each others backgrounds and construction focus, e.g. Demo, landscaping, etc.? I think it would have been cool to shoot the bull over a few beers with the other teams.
    3. How did you like the equipment? It looks like CAT sponsored the whole show, and I know not everyone runs CAT equipment from your YouTube channels. Thanks.
  4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Justwatched the first episode... One with jersery crew. The red team looked very proficient but thr others looked like clowns
  5. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Watching yalls episode now and man yalls challenges make the first episode look like a walk in the park.
  6. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I have to agree that would have been my favorite part too, especially blowing s^&* up!
  7. TomG

TomG LawnSite Senior Member

The other guys on our episode were actually all really good guys, we got along great and I keep in touch with almost all of them to this day. We made fun of each other on the show, but I would have no problem working with any of them on the job site. We all went out to dinner each night so we got to know them really well. Tough to say about the equipment, we were only on them for a very short period of time for the challenges, and we only had 5 min to practice on each one directly before the challenge started. But the machines were nice.
  8. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

Great job guys, I watched it yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it. Seems the old guys talked a little too much trash too early. I'm sure it was all in fun.
  9. icex

icex LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

I missed it, hopefully theres a replay soon.